Riuwaka Hauora Grant
Improving and maintaining health, both physical and mental, for all our whānau is a goal and aspiration for the Trust, so a hauora grant was established as an annual benefit for individual owners of the Trust, towards their health and wellbeing.
The Riuwaka is one of the main sources of sustenance and healing for mana whenua ki Motueka people, and so it is named the Riuwaka Grant.
The Riuwaka Grant is available to all registered owners of the Ngāti Rārua Ātiawa Iwi Trust residing in Aotearoa.
It is a once-per-year $75 benefit provided to registered owners with a valid receipt of services (for the current year).
Every registered NRAIT owner is eligible to receive the grant for any services related to their personal health and wellbeing, each year. Services (or products) that will be funded are decided on a case-by-case basis. You can see an example of some of the services covered below.
- An application for funding can be made after the service has been used and paid.
- Applications are available year round and reviewed monthly. Successful applications are paid the following month.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. Owners can apply on behalf of other whanau members or those in their care.
- The service and proof of purchase must be within the current year you are applying.
- Applicants must reside in Aotearoa.
What can you apply for
Examples of health & wellbeing services or products, which you can apply for under the Riuwaka Grant include:
- doctors and specialist appointments
- optometrist appointments, glasses and contact lenses
- mental health services
- nutrition plans
- personal training sessions
- dental appointments
- fitness classes
- and many more - each funding application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
For a list of health providers and health care services visit:
- Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/services-and-support/health-care-services/maori-health-provider-directory
- Health Navigator website: https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/health-a-z/m/māori-health/
How to apply
There are several ways to apply. You can:
- Complete the online application form here and at the button below.
- Download the PDF application form here, complete it on your computer and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or download the PDF application form, print it, complete the form, and scan and email it back to email@example.com, or post it to NRAIT Office, PO Box 13, NELSON, 7040.
- $75 per year
- Maximum of two applications per year up to a combined total of $75.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old. Applications can be made on behalf of registered owners under the age of 18, or a whānau member in their care.
- Person receiving the grant must reside in Aotearoa.
- Person receiving the grant must be a registered Ngāti Rārua Ātiawa Iwi Trust member.
- The grant is provided for any services related to their personal health and wellbeing.
- An application for funding can be made after the service has been used and paid. You are required to provide proof of purchase.
- Services (or products) that will be funded are decided on a case-by-case basis.