Kai Pāhara Grant
What is the Kai Pāhara Grant?
For some of the whānau of the Ngāti Rārua Ātiawa hapū, these times are incredibly challenging – mentally, socially, and financially.
The Trust recognises that the publicly funded hardship grants and other options of financial and hardship support may still not be enough to help those in need get through.
If this is you or your whānau, and you’re a registered owner of the Ngāti Rārua Ātiawa Iwi Trust living in Aotearoa, please apply for Kai Pāhara – a grant established for NRAIT owners that need additional support. In most circumstances this will be provided in the form of a kai parcel.
Guidelines and conditions
- A grant will be made to registered owners up to the value of $200.
- The grant will be a one per year per household grant, ie one per address.
- The grant will be limited to a food parcel however discretion will be allowed dependent on individual circumstances.
- Owners should have explored/used all government options including WINZ, Iwi benefits and food banks available to them before applying.
- NRAIT will place a grocery order, based on food bank standard items, and organise for it to be delivered to the owners’ house.
Apply for the Kai Pāhara Grant
All information collected by Ngāti Rārua Ātiawa Iwi Trust will remain confidential, in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.